Announcements Town Newsletter Weather Suggestions Contact Us


Community Services - New Residents

Our Town
Elected Officials
Town Business
Forms Etc.
Activity Calendar
Special Events
Major Attractions
Directory of Businesses
Community and Family Services
Residents Page
Useful Links
Directions to Chesapeake Beach
Chesapeake Beach Home
* = Required Field
   Sign Up for Email News

Please call the Town Hall so that we can make sure that we have your correct mailing address for the water/sewer bills that go out quarterly.

The local cable company is Comcast Cable and can be reached at 800-COMCAST.

The electric company is BGE a division of Constellation Energy Corporation and can be reached at 800-685-0123.

Call the Town Hall for a recycle bin and we will have one delivered to your house. We will send you a Town calendar, Chesapeake Beach bumper sticker, Calvert Trash schedule, Recycle Guide, our bulk trash policy and our latest newsletter.

After Hours Town Emergencies:  If you experience an emergency after hours, please call the Town Hall and press "2". A Town employee will be immediately notified and someone will return your call to determine any action needed.

Street Light Out:  If you have a street light that is not working properly, you may call BGE directly at 1-800-685-0123. They need to have the address that the pole is adjacent to as well as the nearest intersection to the pole.

Decorative Street Light Out:  If the street light is one of the decorative lights, please call the Town Hall at 410-257-2230 to report it.

Discolored Water:  If you are experiencing discolored water, go to the highest point in your house and turn on the cold water in the bathtub and let it run full force for about 2 minutes. If clothes are stained and are still wet come to the Town Hall and get a free chemical stain remover. If the problem persists, call the Town Hall.  Public Works performs a complete system flush every March and September.

Water Problem:  If you suspect that you have a leak that is on your property, call a plumber. If you suspect that it is on the Town’s side, please call the Town Hall to report it and someone from Public Works will be over shortly.

Low water pressure:  Please call the Town Hall if you experience low water pressure so that we may send Public Works out to check on it and try to determine the reason.

Sewer Problem:  What kind of problem are you experiencing? Is it a back up in the house, in the street, or a bad odor outside. If it is backing up in your house and it is an upstairs bathroom, it is usually a homeowner problem and a plumber needs to be called.  If it is a problem other than that, please call the Town Hall and we will send Public Works out to check the sewer main.

Signs:  If there is a Town sign down or damaged please call the Town Hall and we will send Public Works out to check it out.

Property complaints:  If you are experiencing problems with your neighbors property or if you suspect a zoning violation, please call the Town Hall and we will send the Code Enforcement Officer to check out the problem and take the appropriate action.

Trash:  If Calvert Trash has missed your house for household trash or recycling, please call the Town Hall and we will notify Calvert Trash to take care of the problem. Remember -- all trash has to be at the curb in containers with lids. The trash company cannot come on private property to retrieve your trash. Also, if there are grass clippings out with the regular trash, the contractor will not pick this up.

During the months of June through October there will be a second trash pick-up.  Your normal recycle day will also become a regular trash pick-up day during those months.

When a holiday falls during the work week your trash will be picked up on the next day after your scheduled pickup.  

Bulk Trash

  • Definition of Bulk Trash - Large items that normally would not be picked up by the household trash contractor

  • Limited to three (3) items per pickup per house. Items in excess of three (3) items will be charged at $150 per item. Payment must be made in advance.

  • All bulk trash must be scheduled for pickup through the Town Hall by calling (410) 257-2230 or (301) 855-8398. You will be scheduled for the next pickup for your area of Town.

Pickup Schedule

  • 1st Thursday of the Month-South side (South of Fishing Creek)

  • 2nd Thursday of the Month-North side ( North of Fishing Creek)

  • 3rd Thursday of the Month-West Side (Bayview Hills + Richfield Station)

Pickups may be added or subtracted to meet the needs of the Town and the capabilities of the Public Works Department.

Items That Will Not Be Picked Up

  • Anything that was not included in your request to Town Hall

  • Hazardous Materials, Paint, Oil, Tires, and Batteries

  • Gas Motors or Farm Equipment

  • Pianos, Pool Tables, and Assembled Play Equipment

  • Heat Pumps

  • Carpeting

  • Grass and Yard debris (See below)

  • Construction Debris, I.E. drywall, wood, flooring, tile, etc.

  • When renovating, remodeling, or emptying a house, you must call a trash contractor and have a dumpster placed on your property.

If there are items you wish to dispose of, but do not meet our policy, you may call the Calvert County Landfill at (410) 326-0210 so that they may assist you in your disposal needs.

The Town reserves the right not to pick up an item if it determines the Town cannot or should not dispose of the item. If there are any questions, please contact the Town Hall for assistance.

Yard Debris
Grass clippings and leaves should be bagged and placed out with your normal household trash and will be picked up by our trash contractor at the same time as normal household trash.

Sticks, twigs, and branches must be cut into three (3) foot lengths and bundled together with twine or rope. They will be picked up on Tuesdays from April through November on the same section schedule as bulk trash (Please refer to Pickup Schedule on previous
page). The Town will not remove a whole tree or a stump of any kind.

Yard Items That Will Not Be Picked Up

  • Whole Trees

  • Tree Stumps

  • Planter Pots and Boxes

  • Planting Soil

Yard debris will not be picked up if it does not comply with these requirements.

Calvert County Sheriff's Department - The Town contracts with the Calvert County Sheriff's Department to provide our police protection.  If you have a non-emergency, they may be reached at 410-535-2800.  If there is an emergency, please call 911.

North Beach Volunteer Fire Department - The North Beach Volunteer Fire Depart- ment is actually located in Chesapeake Beach and may be reached at 410-257-6564 for non-emergencies.  If there is an emergency, please call 911.

Announcements    Newsletter    Weather    Suggestions    Contact Us    Our Town    Elected Officials    Town Business    Forms Etc.   Activity Calendar

Special Events   Major Attractions   Directory of Businesses   Community Services   Residents Page   Links   Directions to the Beach   Home